Department of International Studies, Faculty of International Studies Meijigakuin University
1. Teaching Responsibilities:
Area Studies‐Northeast Asia (Economy).
The candidate is also expected to take charge of a number of other related lectures and seminar courses.
Note: Communication skills in Japanese and English are needed for both teaching and administrative duties.
2. Area of Specialization:
Economies of Northeast Asia. Scholars who study Chinese economy are especially encouraged to apply.
3. Position and Rank:
One full-time (tenured) position
Rank: Professor, Associate Professor, or Lecturer.
4. Address of work location and other information:
Yokohama Campus (Occasionally, trips to Shirokane Campus are requested.)
The candidate is required to have the Ph.D. In exceptional cases, a candidate without the Ph.D. may also be considered if the applicant
has an equivalent level of knowledge and has demonstrated substantial research and professional experience.
6. Application deadline:
Applications must be received by September 30, 2016.
7. Starting Date:
April 1, 2017
8. Application materials:
(1) Curriculum vitae with a photo and email address.
(2) List of publications.
(3) Reprints or copies of three publications. (Indicate the most important one out of the three with a circle in the list of publications.)
(4) One letter of reference.
(5) An outline and syllabus for a lecture class on “Area Studies‐Northeast Asia (Economy).”
There should be a total of 30 class sessions (90 minutes each).
Notes:*Candidates must use a standardized form for items (1) and (2).
The form can be downloaded from the following links:
*Application materials will not be returned.
*Personal data provided on these forms will only be used for the purpose of selecting candidates for this post.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend an interview and give a demonstration class.
10. All the above materials must be sent in one package marked “Application for Area Studies‐Northeast Asia (Economy)” in red letters on the front.
The package should be sent to the following address by registered mail or an international courier service:
Professor Shigeki Takeo
Dean, Faculty of International Studies
Meiji Gakuin University
1518 Kamikurata-cho, Totsuka-ku,
Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 244-8539 Japan
11. For further information, please contact the Faculty of International Studies Office at:
Note: Meiji Gakuin is a private university, founded as a missionary school in 1863.
Applicants are expected to have an understanding of the principles and spirit of Christianity.