Department of International Studies, Faculty of International Studies Meijigakuin University
1. Teaching Responsibilities:
Environmental Economics. The candidate is also expected to take charge of a number of other related lectures and seminar courses.
Note: Communication skills in Japanese and English are needed for both teaching and administrative duties.
2. Area of Specialization:
Economics and other fields related to the study of environmental issues.
3. Position and Rank:
One full-time (tenured) position
Rank: Professor, Associate Professor, or Lecturer.
4. Place of work:
Meiji Gakuin University, Yokohama Campus
The candidate should hold a Ph.D. in relevant fields of study.
Under exceptional circumstances, candidates without a Ph.D. may be considered if s/he has an outstanding record of research and professional activities.
6. Application Deadline:
Applications must be received by September 29, 2017.
7. Starting Date:
April 1, 2018 or September 1, 2018 (negotiable)
8. Application Materials:
(1) Curriculum vitae with a photo and email address.
(2) List of publications.
(3) Copies of three main publications on single-sided paper together with copies of English synopsis (about 200-300 words) for each.
(4) Statement of teaching philosophy (400 words).
(5) An outline and syllabus for an undergraduate course on “Environmental Economics.”
This course has a total of 30 class sessions (90 minutes each).
Note: Candidates should use a standardized form for items (1) and (2).
The form can be downloaded from the following link:
MS Word format http://www.meijigakuin.ac.jp/personnel/faculty_member_log/attachment/CV1-17.doc
Note: *Application materials will not be returned.
*Personal data provided on these forms will only be used for the purpose of selecting candidates for this post.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to Meiji Gakuin University’s Yokohama Campus for an interview and a demonstration class on October 28, 2017. The university will reimburse transportation costs to the interviewees.
10. All application materials must be sent in one package marked “Application for Environmental Economics” in red letters on the front.
The package should be sent to the following address by registered mail or an international courier service:
Professor Shigeki Takeo
Dean, Faculty of International Studies
c/o Yokohama General Affairs Division
Meiji Gakuin University
1518 Kamikurata-cho, Totsuka-ku,
Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 244-8539 Japan
11. For further information, please contact the Faculty of International Studies Office at:
Note: Meiji Gakuin is a private university, founded as a missionary school in 1863.
Applicants are expected to have an understanding of the principles and spirit of Christianity.