General Education English, Elective English Courses, and Seminar for students of the
Faculty of Economics.
Two Full-time (tenured) position at the level of lecturer, associate professor or professor,
depending on qualifications and experience.
April 1, 2018
Shirokane Campus and Yokohama Campus
Department of International Business, Faculty of Economics, Meiji Gakuin University
1. Research and experience in English language education (TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Second Language Education), and ability take leadership in enhancing English language education at the university.
2. Three or more years of experience teaching academic English—especially reading and writing at the university level.
3. PhD. or equivalent level of expertise・qualification in English language education or related field.
4. Native Japanese speakers must be capable of conducting classes in English and command native level competency in English. Native English speakers must have proficiency in Japanese adequate for daily administrative duties.
5. Ability to assess curriculum and materials effectiveness and student learning outcomes, and demonstrate expertise in TOEFL and Study-Abroad preparation.
6. Expertise in faculty development focusing on English language education is desirable.
1. Curriculum Vitae, with photograph and e-mail address.
2. List of academic publications.
3. Reprints or photocopies of three major publications, each with 250-word abstract in English.
4. A copy of M.A. or Ph. D degree.
5. University transcript from highest level of education.
6. Sample syllabus in English for the course of “English for Business Communication” for students
of economics with IELTS scores of 4.5 (2 semesters, 90 minutes x 15 class meeting)
Candidates must use a standardized form for items 1) and 2).
Please download the form from the following link:
The personal data you provide on these forms will only be used for selection purposes.
Deadline for applications
Application materials must arrive by 15/09/2017.
*Please submit application package with all necessary materials by registered mail or
courier service only (email submissions will not be accepted) to:
Dr. Leo Murata
Dean, Faculty of Economics
c/o Office of Human Resources
Meiji Gakuin University
1-2-37 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku
Tokyo 108-8636, Japan
*Please write “Application for position (English education)” in red ink on the front of the
*Application materials will not be returned. (Application materials can be mailed by cash
on delivery if applicants want materials returned.)
After documentary screening, shortlisted candidates will be notified, and they will be called
for an interview and to give a model lesson at Meiji Gakuin University in Tokyo.
For more information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.