Video Tour

Chapel and surrounding area

Main Building and surrounding area

Palette Zone and surrounding area

Institution Guide

Memorial Hall

A neo-gothic building built in 1890. The small chapel on the 1st floor is a quiet place for meditation. The reed organ with a foot keyboard made in the 19th century still sounds the service music of the Taisho era. (The building has been designated as a tangible cultural asset by Minato Ward, and as one of the “Historical Buildings and Sites of Scenic Importance” for 2002 by Tokyo Metropolitan Government.)

Meiji Gakuin Chapel

Completed in 1916, this chapel has been later extended by adding two wings. A new pipe organ made by Henk van Eeken of the Netherlands was installed in 2009. Worshippers are purified by the majestic sounds of the pipe organ and serene hymns. (The chapel was designated as a tangible cultural asset by Minato Ward, and as one of the “Historical Buildings and Sites of Scenic Importance” for 2002 by Tokyo Metropolitan Government.)

Imbrie Hall

Built around 1889, the Imbrie Hall is a valuable structure with one of the most prominent background histories among all missionary houses that still exist in Japan. It was formerly the home of Dr. William Imbrie. Starting in 1995, a period of two years was spent renovating the structure, making use of its original building materials. (The pavilion is a nationally-designated important cultural property, and was designated as one of the “Historical Buildings and Sites of Scenic Importance” for 2002 by Tokyo Metropolitan Government.)

Building 3 (Classrooms)

Go through the main gate and tree-lined street and a semicircular building of two floors (basement and first floor) will appear standing across from the Imbrie Hall. It is a classroom building that contains a lecture hall which can hold over 300 people. Not only academic classes, but other offerings such as career guidance workshops are held in this building

Shirokane Ground

The Shirokane Ground is often used for club activities.

Main Building

A building with a symbolic design of crosses on a brick-colored wall. This main building of the Shirokane campus contains student service offices on its first and second floors and, at its midsection, a library and information center."

Hepburn Hall

On the basement level are L.L. room and computer labs , on the first floor is a faculty lounge, on the second through fourth floors are graduate classrooms, and on the fifth through eleventh floors are private offices of faculty members.

Building 2 (Classrooms)

This classroom building was designed in an image of a “little chateau” and is marked by its tiled roof. Just as the Main Building, it contains multipurpose classrooms built with high-quality sound insulation, complete with audio-visual facilities

East Gate

East Building that stands next to Route 1

Vories Square

The Vories Square is a replication of a space that existed on the original Meiji Gakuin campus when it was first built in Shirokane. Surrounded in all four directions by buildings such as the Palette Zone and Main Building, this square bustles in between classes with the comings and goings of students exchanging lively greetings with each other

Palette Zone Shirokane

On the first floor is a dining lounge, and on the second floor is an inner plaza called “Sun Sun” used for campus-wide events and other social engagements. The building also contains an art hall at which concerts are held, an arena, and club rooms.

Takanawa Building

Completed in March 2009, the Takanawa Building contains classrooms for courses offered by the Graduate Law School, offices of full-time professors, playrooms and laboratories for the psychology department, computer rooms, as well as the Clinical Psychology Center, which offers consultation services to the people in the local community

Video Tour

Chapel and surrounding area

Main Building and surrounding area

Palette Zone and surrounding area