|● Type of job|
|Commencement date of work|
|Type of vacancies|
|Associate Professor or Lecturer in Theoretical Linguistics (Generative Syntax, Semantics)|
|Department in charge|
|Linguistics (Syntax, Semantics, among others), as well as English language courses (English Grammar, etc.)|
|Number of persons to be employed|
|Meiji Gakuin University at Shirokane (Tokyo) and Totsuka (Yokohama)
|● How to apply|
|1. Ph.D. in Theoretical Linguistics (Generative Syntax, Semantics).
2. Native-speaker of English or Japanese.
For native speakers of English, sufficient Japanese proficiency is required for general administrative tasks and other activities.
For native speakers of Japanese, sufficient English proficiency is required to be able to conduct classroom teaching entirely in English.
3. A good understanding of Christianity.
Meiji Gakuin University is a Christian institution.
Please note the following:
1. Interview candidates will be contacted in mid/late-November.
Please be sure to include an email address and contact information for yourself during that time.
2. Interviews will be held in late November.
3. Candidates will be requested to give a presentation about their major subject in theoretical linguistics in either Japanese or English (whichever is your non-native language)
4. Travel expenses for the interviews will be reimbursed based on the university regulations.
5. Candidates will be notified directly of the results upon completion of the process.
6. Application materials cannot be returned.
|1. CV with a photograph attached and e-mail address.
2. A list of publications.
3. Three major publications (photocopy is acceptable) with an abstract of one A4/letter-size page for each.
4. Certificate of Ph.D. degree (photocopy is acceptable)
5. A sample one-semester syllabus for one Linguistics class and one English class
|Applications must arrive by 2008.11.7|
|Please submit your application form to:|
|The application package should be sent to the below address via registered mail or other equivalent delivery service.
The envelope should be marked in red: “Application for Position.”
Please submit your application form to
The Department of English
Meiji Gakuin University
1-2-37 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku,
Tokyo 108-8636, Japan
|The Department of English
Please specify the subject as “Application for Position.”