|● Type of job|
|Commencement date of work|
|Type of vacancies|
|Full-time (tenured) position at the level of lecturer, associate professor or professor, depending on qualifications and experience.|
|Department in charge|
|Number of persons to be employed|
|One full-time (tenured) position|
|Shirokane Campus and Yokohama Campus
|● How to apply|
|1. Research and experience in or related to English language education (EFL), especially curriculum and materials development; and teaching experience in classes in communication, presentation, reading, and writing skills in English; ICT education; and vocabulary useful for students majoring in economics.
2. Three or more years of teaching experience at the university level.
3. PhD or equivalent in English education or a related field.
4. Native Japanese speakers must be capable of conducting language classes in English. Native English speakers require proficiency in Japanese adequate for daily administrative duties.
[NB Meiji Gakuin University is founded on Christian principles. Knowledge of these principles will be highly appreciated.]
|1. Curriculum Vitae, with photograph and e-mail address.
2. List of academic publications.
3. Reprints or photocopies of three major publications, each with a one-page abstract.
4. A copy of M.A. or Ph. D degree.
5. A written statement in Japanese (about 2000 characters) or in English (about 1200 words) outlining the applicant’s views of an effective English education program for students of economics.
6. Name and contact information of one reference.
Candidates must use a standardized form for items 1 and 2.
You can download the form from the following links:
The personal data which you provided on these forms will only be used for selection purposes
|Applications must arrive by 2014.5.15|
|Please submit your application form to:|
|Please submit application package* with all necessary materials by registered mail or courier service only (not by email) to:
Professor Atsushi Nishio
Dean, Faculty of Economics
c/o Office of Human Resources
Meiji Gakuin University
1-2-37 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku
Tokyo 108-8636, Japan
*Please write “Application for position (English education)” in red ink on the front of the application package.
*Application materials will not be returned.
(Application materials will be mailed by cash on delivery if applicants want materials returned.)
|After documentary screening, shortlisted candidates will be notified, and they will be called for an interview and to give a presentation at Meiji Gakuin University in Tokyo.
|For more information,
please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org