Institution: Meiji Gakuin University Department of International Studies
Address: 244-8539 Kamikurata-cho 1518, Totsuka-ku, Kanagawa, Japan
Position: Assistant Professor (Fixed-Term)
Subject: English as a Foreign Language—Academic reading & writing and teacher education courses.
1. Must have a Master of Arts Degree in TESOL from fully accredited university that has an extensive practicum course requirement.
2. Must have three years or more experience teaching Academic English (EFL) at university level in Japan and/or teaching English in a culturally and linguistically diverse classroom in a university outside Japan.
3. Must be able to teach a minimum of three days a week and be available for an additional day to fulfill other duties.
4. May be of any nationality but must have first language ability in either English or Japanese． Those whose first language is not Japanese must be highly competent in Japanese.
Preference will be give to candidates with the following Preferred Qualifications:
1. Able to teach courses for the English teaching credential program.
2. Have the Ph.D. in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or related fields and a track record of scholarly work in foreign or second language teaching.
3. Competence in curriculum development.
4. Faculty development and language program administration.
This is a fixed-term position (4 years) with the possibility of re-appointment.
Date of appointment: April 1, 2011
Application Deadline: Reach us by September 30, 2010
1.Curriculum Vitae in English and Japanese (including applicant’s photo, educational history, and list of publications and research/teaching achievements)
Candidates should provide information for item 1 on standardized forms. These are available for download at the following addresses:
/personnel/kyouin_log/attachment/entry_a-7.doc (WORD / 97KB)
2.Proof of Final Education (copy of degree acceptable)
3.Photocopies of two items in the list of publications
Submitted documents will not be returned.
Any personal information provided with the application will be handled with utmost care in accordance with university regulations. This information will not be used for any purpose other than the screening of candidates for employment.
*The spring semester lasts from April to early August, while the fall semester lasts from the end of September to early February. However, you may be required to work at times other than these.
Selection Process: The first round consists of document screening. Candidates selected from the document screening process will be invited for the interview and teaching demonstration.
Please submit applications (via registered post) to: Meiji Gakuin University, 1518 Kamikurata-cho, Totsuka-ku Yokohama 244-8539, Japan. Attention: Dean Nozomu Abe.
Please enter "Application for AEP Position" on the envelope in red ink.
Please refer to the MGU homepage [URL: www.meijigakuin.ac.jp ] to learn more about the University.