Tenured Position in International Business The Department of International Business, Faculty of Economics, Meiji Gakuin University
April 1st, 2024
【Position and Rank】
One full-time (tenured) position with the rank of Professor,
Associate Professor or Junior Associate Professor.
【Main Teaching Responsibilities】
The successful candidate will be asked to teach courses related to business in English including
“International Business.” The selected candidate will also be expected to teach other
business-related courses, seminar, and graduate school courses.
The Department of International Business, Faculty of Economics
【Place of Employment】
Meiji Gakuin University’s Shirokane Campus and Yokohama Campus.
As per Meiji Gakuin rules, in addition to the salary, the university provides a pension plan and
allowances for specific needs and administrative duties.
The candidate must satisfy the following.
(1) The candidate must have a Ph.D. or comparable research achievements.
(2) The candidate must have academic publications in business administration and
is able to teach a course on International Business in English.
(3) The candidate must be able to teach courses on either Transcultural Management,
Cross-Cultural Management, Comparative Business History, Global Marketing,
Business Ethics, or Overseas Field Study.
(4) The candidate must actively take part in the Department’s Study Abroad Program.
(5) The candidate must have strong interest and passion for university education.
(6) The candidate must be willing to actively take part in the university’s administrative tasks.
(7) The position is open to any applicant regardless of nationality or first (native) language,
but candidates should have a sufficient level of Japanese proficiency for education and
routine administrative tasks.
(1) Curriculum Vitae. *(Attach your photo, must be signed)
(2) List of academic and educational publications.
(3) Copies of major works, at most five items. (They will not be returned.)
(4) An essay on the applicant’s aspirations for teaching International Business
(one page of A4 sized paper). **
(5) An essay on the applicant’s plan for future research (one page of A4 sized paper).
(6) Two syllabi of International Business (One for spring semester, fifteen 90-minute classes,
and the other for autumn semester)
*Items (1) and (2) require the applicant to use the university’s standardized forms that can be
downloaded from this link: https://www.meijigakuin.ac.jp/personnel/faculty_member_log/attachment/CV1-22.docx
**Indicate the courses that the candidate can teach other than International Business.
Use the Western calendar for all dates.
All materials will be strictly protected and used only for the selection process and will be
discarded after the process is completed.
All application must arrive by July 3, 2023.
*Meiji Gakuin University’s founding spirit of nurturing human character is based on Christian values. The university hopes candidates will understand the spirit of Meiji Gakuin’s educational foundation.
*The retirement age at our university is 68 years old for Professors and 65 years old for Associate Professors and Junior Associate Professors.