Department of International Studies, Faculty of International Studies Meijigakuin University
1. Position Information
Starting Date: April 1st, 2018
Rank: Tenured appointment at the Professor, Associate Professor, or Lecturer level.
Depending upon a candidate’s record at the time of application, they may be appointed as a four-year, non-tenured Assistant Professor.
In that case, based upon a review of their performance while they hold this appointment, they may be re-contracted as a tenured
Associate Pro-fessor or Lecturer.
Duties and Teaching Responsibilities:
(1) To develop and manage domestic and overseas internship programs for the Faculty.
(2) To provide internship guidance to students in Japanese and English.
(3) To offer courses related to internships
Number of positions: One
Candidates must satisfy one of these requirements:
(1) The candidate has worked as professor, associate professor, full-time lecturer or assistant professor with a university career
that is related to internship courses.
(2) The candidate has a Ph.D. and is recognized as having academic achievements or abilities related to education research.
(3) The candidate has a master’s degree or professional degree and has: three or more years of educational experience in connection
with university internship programs; or has particularly excellent knowledge about and experience with internship programs.
(4) The candidate has more than five years of practical or managerial experience, or social work experience with a domestic or
international organization, association, enterprise, etc. Furthermore, the candidate is recognized as having considerable knowledge,
experience, skills, and educational ability.
Place of employment:
Meiji Gakuin University’s Yokohama Campus
1518 Kamikurata-cho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama-shi
2. Application Information
(All items must be submitted on A4 size paper)
(1) Curriculum Vitae with attached photo.
(2) A planning proposal for developing and managing domestic and overseas in-ternships.
(3) An overview proposal for providing Japanese and English internship guidance.
(4) A list of works (authored texts, research reports [including presentations]) that pertain to the development and
management of domestic and overseas intern-ships.
(5) Single copies of three self-selected works that represent your knowledge and abilities, printed on single-sided A4 size paper.
(6) Recommendation letter. (1200-1500 characters, printed on one sheet.) This letter is not required.
The recommender may also submit the letter in Eng-lish.
(7) A personal statement on your suitability for the position and your aspirations for the internship program.
Max. length of 2000 characters in Japanese, printed on 1~2 sheets.
*Item (1) requires you to use the university’s standardized form.
Please download this form (MSWord)
from this link:http://www.meijigakuin.ac.jp/personnel/faculty_member_log/attachment/CV2.doc
*Use the Western calendar for all year dates.
*Submitted materials will not be returned to applicants.
The successful applicant will be selected based on a review of all the applications,
and interviews with a short list of candidates chosen from this review process.
The interviews will be held on Saturday, October 14, 2017
Applications must arrive by Friday, September 22, 2017
Address for application submissions:
Professor Shigeki Takeo Dean, Faculty of International Studies c/o Yokohama General Affairs Division Meiji Gakuin University
1518 Kamikurata-cho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 244-8539 Japan
*All of the above materials must be sent in one package that is marked on the front with
“Application for International Faculty Member Position (Internship)” in red let-ters.